RECIPE: HVID GLØGG
DANISH WHITE MULLED WINE
On November 29th we welcome the season with our special house-made Danish White Mulled Wine, available through Christmas in the bar and the dining room.
Enjoy this warming hygge beverage at home, recipe below:
Active Time 30 minutes
Total Time 12 hours 30 minutes
Yield 8 servings
- 50.75 oz white wine
- 10 whole cloves
- 8 cardamom pods
- 3 star anise
- 2 Tbsp. candied orange peel
- 7 oz elderflower cordial
- 160 grams raw cane sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole vanilla pod (bean), halved lengthwise
- fresh ginger, apx. one 3 cm long thin slice
- 1 organic lemon, peeled with flesh in 8 thin slices for garnish
- 7 oz. white rum
- 7 oz. Cointreau
- 7 oz. sliced almonds
- 7 oz. dried apricots, diced
- Large saucepan and lid
- 8 Mugs or insulated glasses
- To large saucepan add: white wine, cloves, cardamom pods, star anise, candied orange peel, elderflower cordial, sugar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla pod, ginger and peel of one lemon in a large saucepan; cover with lid and allow to stand overnight, or at minimum 12 hours.
- The next day, add the rum and Cointreau; bring to a gentle boil then decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain all through a sieve to remove all the spices and lemon peel
- Add the almonds and dried apricots; gently simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Portion into glasses or mugs and garnish with a thin slice of lemon.